Connected Medical Devices enable the delivery of proactive, personalized patient centered care by enabling the remote monitoring of patient care, vital signs, and diagnostic results, and the subsequent correlation of patient data to provide timely insights to help the person living with a condition and her care team to provide better, more joined-up, home-based care.
Medical Devices increasingly operate as part of systems where data from devices is an input into cloud-based software care platforms that support delivery of care pathways and employ data science and machine learning to better understand each patient, delivering actionable insights to patients and their care team to better manage their condition and provide personalized care to people living with a condition.
In the near time horizon, there is a strategic imperative to prepare for a future where value-based care becomes more widespread. Medical device companies will be measured on the extent to which they optimize real-world health and economic outcomes, moving away from merely providing a device to focus on the broader act of healthcare delivery, which will require product and service innovation. Service-centric approaches will use insights from device data and analytics to assist clinical, operational and workflow decisions.
Reimbursement for some types of medical device already requires proof of ongoing patient compliance in using the device.
Connectivity also enables improved business processes while reducing system costs, for example with the device itself recognizing the need for consumable refills, detecting and reporting issues enabling proactive maintenance, enabling in-field update as part of post-market maintenance, and tracking usage patterns to inform the subsequent development of the device.
We enable medical device companies to address these via:
- Connected Medical Device Strategy Consulting:
- Design innovative connected medical devices, digital health solutions, and connected care services. Move beyond developing innovative medical devices to the delivery of transformative health solutions and services
- Tailoring connected medical device strategy to patient behavior and support needs, care team workflow, therapeutic area, and technology capabilities
- Service design, ensuring flexibility to address different care model expectations of local care teams, providers and payers
- Business Model Strategy, and value proposition assessment to enable companies understand how Payers will value their connected medical device and digital health interventions.
- Create compelling value proposition for payers and commissioners. Starting with HTA-level assessment.
- Technology scanning and selection
- Medical, Legal, Regulatory risk management and mitigation
- Multi-disciplinary Digital Health program pivot – we analyze your entire solution from the clinical, business, technology, data science and organizational perspective and create a tailored action plan with recommendations to turn-around and position services, platforms, solutions and teams for success
- Enterprise software as a medical device platform strategy, providing neutral, strategic support and input into choice between developing your own enterprise software platform, participating in another platform, or deciding to focus on your existing device products.
- Interoperation with digital health, eHealth systems, and provider data-lakes
- Designing Interoperability so that it can work with multiple digital health and other health IT systems
- Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Compliance risk management and mitigation
- Data Insights Strategy Consulting:
- Data Strategy for connected medical devices. Aligning data strategy and architecture to desired future insights from data to participate in value based care, improve the medical device, generate care insights, perform preventative maintenance, and perform post-market surveillance
- Data and insights as a source of strategic advantage to organization, getting to a meaningful scale, exploitation and sharing strategy